THE LAW OF THE UNREACHABLE ITCH
In broad terms, there are only two kinds of body itches. However, there are many types of “life itches.”
One kind of Body itch is reachable; a gentle scratch solves the problem. Relief is welcomed with thankfulness. However in some cases, without medication, the itch may return again and again.
The second body itch is an unreasonable itch; it cannot be self scratched. The itch becomes incessant and unbearable. The discomfort is relentless and demands help from another person.
The body itch is a metaphor for a “life itch.” The very nature of navigating successfully through the journey of life requires dealing effectively with our itch to be recognized, appreciated, praised, rewarded, and esteemed.
7 Common Types of Life Itches:
- The itch for a compliment
- The itch for money.
- The itch for another (championship trophy).
- The itch for a facial or body beauty.
- The itch to win again and again.
- The itch for stardom.
- The itch for more and more.
5 Truths about the Life Itch:
- The itch can be scratched yet never satisfied.
- The more the itch is scratched the more it is craved.
- The itch is an indication of an inner, not exterior need.
- The itch cannot be satisfied with any created thing.
- One itch satisfied creates a new unsatisfied itch.
Meditation: There is a God-shaped vacuum in the heart of all that can never be satisfied by created things or creating things, but only by God through His Son Jesus Christ.
“This he tries in vain to fill with everything around him, seeking in things that are not there the help he cannot find in those that are, though none can help, since this infinite abyss can be filled only with an infinite and immutable object; in other words by God himself.”– Blaise Pascal
If we live for Compliments.
If we live for Trophies.
If we live for Winning.
If we live for Stardom.
If we live for More & More.
The itch will never be satisfied. History proves this over and over as fact.