DESPERATE CHILD NEEDS
The need to belong and to have something of value to belong to; the need to have success and be recognized for this success; the need to love and be loved.
Just one of the many tragedies of modern-day education is when a star athlete reaps huge accolades while student artists, musicians, singers, dancers, and many others with great talent go unrecognized.
A few questions every parent should be addressed every day of their child’s lives. Words matter and the following words really matter.
- Does your child know she/he matters?
- Does your son/daughter know you love them?
- Does your child know what she/he does matters to you?
- Does your son/daughter know how proud you are of them?
Encouragement is as precious to the child’s spirit as water is to the garden.
- Oxygen in the blood is as important as encouragement to the mind and heart.
- Oxygen kills cancer.
- Encouragement kills laziness.
- Oxygen keeps the brain healthy.
- Encouragement fuels passion and drive.
- Oxygen brings life.
Encouragement inspires greatness.
- Effective encouragement must be specific.
- Effective, oxygen-filled encouragement must be personal & individualized.
- Effective encouragement must be sincere & truthful.
- Effective encouragement must be consistent & repeated often.
Love is paying attention to the details. Encouragement is a powerful tool for loving and inspiring people to discover the hidden miracle in themselves and in every human.
Crucial question. Why is it so difficult, so uncommon, so rare for parents to say?
- Son, I love you so much and I am so proud of you.
- Daughter, you bring me joy and I love you.
Those who encourage often live at a higher level.
Those who see goodness and greatness in others lives life with appreciation & gratitude.
Those who encourage others receive an abundance of encouragement.
Today is the first day of the rest of our lives. Encouragement is a precious tool to have in our life skills toolbox. However, a tool not used is a wasted, a tool that begins to rust. Don’t waste your encouragement tool.
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. – Hebrews 10:24