HANG TIGHT TO HOPE
HOPE IS REAL ANTICIPATION IN A VERY TOUGH AND DIFFICULT WORLD.
- Hope is our medicine for depression, failure, discouragement, illness, broken dreams.
- Hope is the cure for dark days when it seems life really sucks.
- Hope is that divine energy the marathon runner needs when he hits the wall during the race.
- Hope is most important when there appears to be no hope.
- Hope is the courage for the soldier when walking the dirt roads looking for terrorists and when one wrong step may mean stepping on a bomb.
- Hope is getting up every day to take your daughter to therapy after she has had 5 brain surgeries because of being hit by a careless driver.
- Hope is the thank you when you are placed in a wheelchair because of becoming a quadriplegic at age 40.
- Hope is the anchor when the doctor says, “I am sorry to say you have three months to live–I can’t help you.”
Hope is never static or passive, not an escape from reality. It is an indication of certainty and therefore a confident expectation. Again, HOPE IS REAL ANTICIPATION IN A VERY TOUGH AND DIFFICULT WORLD.
So, hang tight! This means to hang on with strong hands to the strongest anchor called HOPE. Romans 15:13 calls God as the God of Hope, the source of Real Hope. This can give us joy, peace, courage, confidence, endurance.