WISDOM WEDNESDAY: NATURAL VS. SUPERNATURAL
One of the great gifts of life is that of choice. Everyone can choose whether they live natural, meaning normal or ordinary, or supernatural, meaning transcendental or superordinary.
Some people are born with such incredible gifts that it seems those gifts are supernatural. To relate to basketball, we assume Michael Jordan was destined to be a basketball player because he played in such an unfathomable way. Few could do what he did.
Still, others use their dedicated discipline to reach their goals, whether in sports, sciences, arts, space exploration. This becomes a relentless pursuit of excellence.
Another classification of people have chosen to live life supernaturally because of a second birth, a spiritual birth as opposed to the first physical birth. This means they now are indwelt with the Spirit of God and have the heart and mind of Christ. The natural life then becomes supernatural because:
- God, the Creator of the universe, lives in them by His Holy Spirit.
- God produces in them His genuine characteristics of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
- God has the desire and power to help them.
- God is faithful, perfect, good, and just in His relation to them.
- God wants only what is best for them.
Amazing! What human being would not want these gifts? God has made them possible through the greatest gift of His Son Jesus’ death and resurrection. These brought reconciliation to Himself and forever forgiveness.