WIN AT SCHOOL
Millions of USA students enroll in schools across the continent in September with the hope of winning! Unfortunately, far too many will lose the battle to win.
- Why so many failures?
- Why does one Spokane area school district have 24% absenteeism each day?
- What makes many students say their high school experience was a joke, and, for that matter, why do some teachers and retired superintendents agree with these students?
- Can some of the “haves” students help the “have-not’s” students find meaning and purpose in their school experience?
Candidly, I have no answer for the macro solution to these school problems. Over fifty years of experience gives me the confidence to suggest this micro counsel for individuals one student at a time. Here are my prime recommendations.
- Train a student to know the WHY school is valuable and write a meaningful purpose statement.
- Develop a crystal-clear HOW to-win-at-school statement.
- Compose a self-made report card the first week of classes to use as GOAL-SETTING.
- Create an I AM list to read daily:
1) I am a winner.
2) I am enjoying working hard on school assignments.
3) I am intelligent.
4) I am a lover of learning.
- Choose to be popular with OTHER STUDENTS who have purpose in school.
- Find A MENTOR who has PTR (proven track record) and is WOBI (worthy of being imitated).
If you think you can, you can! If you think you can’t, you can’t!