1999 was a tough year for many Americans. Political, business and spiritual leaders were forecasting terrible times for our world. They predicted global financial collapse.
Due to difficult circumstances, I sought out a spiritual life mentor. At our first session, I think I talked non-stop for 59 minutes.
My new mentor said: “I would like to see you every two weeks. Next time we meet please tell me how you pray.”
Now, for nearly 20 years, prayer is a fresh learning experience. Personal prayer is precious and valuable to me.
It is not so much prayer changing my circumstances as prayer changing me so that I can face the challenges life presents me.
Writing Words Of Hope these past three years has been joy and inspiration to my soul. I look forward to seeing the photo my brilliant partner, Cory James, selects to bring life to my words.
- Prayer is a mystery and is infinite.
- Prayer is a loving conversation with Abba Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Prayer is powerful; it changes lives.
- Prayer is the path to peace, joy, gratitude, love, and hope.
- Prayer is the narrow road to silence; silence is where we find God.
- Prayer is the language we learn through practice and listening.
- Prayer is the highest and most noble form of communication with another.
“May the Lord answer you when you are in distress…” Psalm 20:1
“Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory…” Ephesians 3:20-21