WORDS OF WISDOM FOR 2021
Let’s explore what it means to be wise. We know the decisions we make determine our destiny. In 2021, Words of Hope will give you some exceptional tools to navigate the most dangerous life storms with some Words of Wisdom.
As always, knowing what TO NOT DO is the forerunner of doing what YOU SHOULD DO. The foundation of being wise demands being conscious of the behavior that brings unhappiness. To reiterate from Psalm 1:
- DON’T #1: Do not take counsel, advice from any person who is wicked, devious, dishonest, manipulative, greedy, and all in it for self. Avoid this type of person like a deadly virus.
- DON’T #2: Do not travel in the same direction or path with habitual sinners. The reason is crystal clear. You will become like these people. You are going in the wrong direction. You may never get back to where you started and need to be.
- DON’T #3: Do not sit in the comfort of people who are scoffers, negative thinkers, speakers of criticism about anything or anyone. This is like drinking poison.
If you make a strong NO commitment, then you are ready to focus on the DO, the I WILL factor. If your decision is a maybe or halfhearted, the DO factor is irrelevant. The DON’T precedes the DO. This qualifies you to begin the lifelong journey to be WISE.
DO this and experience success: DELIGHT in the Law of the Lord, meditating on it day and night, and you will be like a tree planted by rivers of water. You will bear fruit each season without withering. Whatsoever you do, will prosper. This”delight” implies our minds are the key as we revel in biblical truth and love it. It will shape our thinking and change our lives, relating to our total personalities.
The promises we are given says we will be:
- Planted – firmly rooted and stable.
- Productive – marked by effectiveness.
- Prosperous – showcasing God’s blessing.
Life has two destinies: Holy and happy by the godly person who lives on the basis of God’s Word, or condemned and doomed by the ungodly person who lives on the basis of a secular environment.
This is my unlimited confidence and Words of Wisdom for 2021. As you live in joyful obedience to the psalmist, you will experience abiding hope and benefit from wise decisions. Why? “The Law of the Lord is perfect, making wise the simple” (Psalm 19:7). You will be a well-watered tree!
What is your firm decision right now, tomorrow, or tomorrow’s tomorrow?