WISDOM WEDNESDAY: THE 5 WHY’S
If you truly want to know your life purpose, ask yourself the 5 Whys. In fact, asking 5 Why’s may help solve many of your life problems and give you direction, especially in situations where you don’t know what to do.
Let’s experiment with a real-life example to see how it works. We’ll start with a personal one this morning, using questions and answers.
- WHY #1: Why did I get up this morning at 4:45 AM? So I could stop coughing and breathe better.
- WHY #2: Why do you want to breathe better and not cough? So I can enjoy the day and be productive.
- WHY #3: Why do you want to enjoy the day and be productive? Because I delight in loving God, His creation, and especially people.
- WHY #4: Why do you love God, His creation, and especially people? Because when I love God, His creation, and especially people, I am the best version of myself.
- WHY #5: Why do you want to be the best version of yourself? Because my joy comes from helping people be the best they can be. However, it is necessary and begins with me being the best I can be at this very moment. It provides a meaningful, cyclical purpose for my daily life. Therefore, I live today to be my best self so I can help at least one other person be his best self.
Now it is perfectly clear why I arose at 4:45 AM. I suggest you experiment with the 5 Why’s in any area of your life. As a male or female, even a son or daughter, husband or wife, you may discover a fantastic yet satisfying purpose for your life!