WHAT THANKFULNESS IS
“Thank you“ may be the most forgotten phrase in all mankind! Is the loss of a couple seconds of our time worth not expressing thanks?
What is thankfulness?
- It is a way of fully acknowledging the other person.
- It is positive, finding the good side of a person.
- It is appreciation.
- It changes the perspective from self to others.
- It elevates another while humbling self.
- It accepts compliments with grace.
- It recognizes and enjoys the good qualities of someone.
- It passes on a feeling you had when someone appreciated you.
- It eliminates complaining, bitterness, entitlement, covetousness.
To begin, try writing five gratitudes first in a gratitude journal and then five short thank-yous to people at the end of a day. Imagine what the world would be like if every human being did this! It could even become a lifestyle!