Analytical – THE LORD’S PRAYER
KEY STATEMENT: What did the Lord mean when He said, “Thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”? Many of us memorized this prayer as children. Do any of us understand how in the world it is even remotely possible to experience heaven on earth?
First, the analysis is the credibility of the author of the prayer. Is Jesus qualified?
- Author meets leadership qualifications. PTR (proven track record) and WOBI (worthy of being imitated). Jesus is highly qualified. He lived exactly what He taught.
- Commit to God’s will, not my will. This is the essence of selfless living. Very uncommon in today’s world
- “Give us this day,” is a call to live in the precious present. Each new day is His gift to us.
- “Our daily bread” is His promise to provide all that is needed for today; not tomorrow.
- Get RID of ALL sins. How much do I want to be forgiven for my sins? 100% is my answer; therefore, forgiving others 100% is necessary.
- Flee every temptation to do evil. Evil spelled backward is live. Anything that robs us of being fully alive is missing the mark.
Heaven on earth becomes our reality when we follow the truth of the words the Lord Jesus Christ gave us in the Lord’s Prayer.
This can be proven by doing exactly what the basketball coach, not the theologian has laid out analytically in the six steps stated above.
“ ‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.
Difficult yes, Impossible no.